- Open the design (ParametricServoGimbalxxxxxxxx.FCStd) in FreeCAD. It is recommended to open the design for your specific GoPro and analog/digital combination, as most computers will struggle with the master version that includes all the combinations.
- Double click the “Spreadsheet” on the center left.
- Select Window>Tile View.
- Adjust windows to where the 3D model and the spreadsheet are both in view (similar to image bellow).
- Start adjusting dimensions, make tiny changes at first. Ignore the Cells that have “Calculated” to the right of them! If adjusting each value individually (optional) your change could cause a conflict in the model (very likely to happen especially when making large changes), it will either glitch or freeze the 3D model, but continuing to edit values or undoing (Ctrl-Z) will get the model to render properly once the conflict is resolved.
- You can also paste values into the spreadsheet… I will include reference value sets that will make the design match a preexisting Medlin Drone design and allowing editing from there, there’s also a discord channel for people to share their spreadsheet values for frame/servo combos.
- Once the dimensions are set, left click on one of the two models, then select File>Export. This will export the STL file. Do this for both the bottom and top part (base/hinge).
This design is not perfect but will propbably work if you use it right, I’ll also be releasing generated designs for popular frame/servo combos.
How-To Video Coming.